INSIGHT EU: CLIMATE Telegram 2 Oct 2017
Our telegram headlines today*:
# PARIS AGREEMENT:
- Paris Agreement: Building a Transition Into Article 6 - The Energy Collective
- Upcoming UNFCCC events:
- 10 Oct 2017 Calibration Meeting of Lead Assessors +++
- 11 Oct 2017 79th meeting of the CDM-Accreditation Panel +++
- 11 Oct 2017 6th meeting of the Executive Committee of the Warsaw International Mechanism for Loss and Damage associated with Climate Change Impacts +++
- 30 Oct 2017 97th meeting of the CDM-Executive Board +++
- 06 Nov 2017 UN Climate Change Conference +++
- 04 Dec 2017 9th technical analysis of biennial update reports +++
- 30 Apr 2018 First sessional period 2018. +++
- 03 Dec 2018 Second sessional period 2018. +++
- 17 Jun 2019 First sessional period in 2019. +++
- 11 Nov 2019 Second sessional period in 2019.
- Latest documents by the UNFCCC:
- Fccc/Tp/2017/7 Adaptation-related information included in nationally determined contributions, national adaptation plans and recent national communications. Technical paper by the secretariat.
- FCCC/SB/2017/2/Add.1-FCCC/SBI/2017/14/Add.1 Report of the Adaptation Committee. The 32nd meeting of the Least Developed Countries Expert Group. Addendum. Recommendations of the Adaptation Committee and the Least Developed Countries Expert Group for addressing decision 1/CP.21, paragraph 41, and, in collaboration with the Standing Committee on Finance, decision 1/CP.21, paragraph 45.
- Fccc/Sbi/2017/14 The 32nd meeting of the Least Developed Countries Expert Group. Report by the secretariat.
# EU COUNCIL REGISTER
- ST 12142 2017 INIT Proposal for a Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on the inclusion of greenhouse gas emissions and removals from land use, land use change and forestry into the 2030 climate and energy framework and amending Regulation No 525/2013 of the European Parliament and the Council on a mechanism for monitoring and reporting greenhouse gas emissions and other information relevant to climate change - Revised Presidency compromise text
- ST 12580 2017 INIT Proposal for a Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council amending Directive 2003/87/EC to enhance cost-effective emission reductions and low-carbon investments - Preparation for the trilogue